Monday, September 10, 2012

Everything will be okay... :)

 I've been working on this for a while, trying to get it just right, and still, it seems to sound kind of jumbled and confusing... But these are my thoughts... :)

With everything that's going on in the world (wars, politics, killings, negative attention on the Church, etc.) I've kind of been freaking out... I worry about myself, and then remember that someday, Dallin and I are going to have small kiddies of our own. Then I just worry more. Not gonna lie, thinking of all that stuff is REALLY great birth control.. ;) I'm nervous for my kids to grow up in such a corrupt world. I'm even more nervous that I won't be a good enough mom to raise them to desire to seek for the truth, peace, safety, and righteousness that the Gospel of Jesus Christ provides for us. (This has a point... Promise :) )

Dallin and I decided to take a Doctrine and Covenants Institute class this semester. What a blessing to be able to continue our education in the Gospel :) This week, we talked about D&C 3, 5, 10, and 17 (very comforting sections :) I would encourage you to read them!). We talked about Joseph Smith and the period of time when he was first translating the Book of Mormon. He, his family, and his friends went through a lot of hardships; persecution, losing the manuscripts, and so many trials. He still believed (it sounded a lot better, and made a lot more sense in class than it does here... promise :) ). Why is it that I doubt so easily, unlike the Prophet Joseph and first President of the Church in this dispensation who had to endure so much in this life? I feel that my life is EASY compared to his and Emma's...

But, the Lord teaches us that Everything will be okay... :)

Section 3

"The works, and the designs, and the purposes of God cannot be frustrated, neither can they come to naught.
For God doth not walk in crooked paths, neither doth he turn to the right hand nor to the left, neither doth he vary from that which he hath said, therefore his paths are straight, and his course is one eternal round.
Remember, remember that it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men...

Nevertheless, my work shall go forth, for inasmuch as the knowledge of a Savior has come unto the world, through the testimony of the Jews, even so shall the knowledge of a Savior come unto my people..."

Section 10

"Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the Servants of Satan that do uphold his work...

And, on this wise, the devil has sought to lay a cunning plan, that he may destroy this work... 

Therefore, whosoever belongeth to my church need not fear, for such shall inherit the kingdom of heaven...

And now, remember the words of him who is the life and light of the world, your Redeemer, your Lord and your God. Amen..."

Even through all of the wickedness that goes on in the world, no matter how afraid or nervous we get, our Savior, Jesus Christ, lifts us up and catches us when we fall. No matter what happens in this country and in this world, no matter what is going on around us or the trials that we face, we can always look to Him. There are scary days ahead of us and our small families, but as long as we are striving to do what's right and are enduring to the end, and are teaching our children to do the same, Everything will be okay... :)  

He is truly there for us. All we have to do is let Him in. It gives me comfort to remember the promises he has made to me in my patriarchal blessing and also in the scriptures. The scriptures were written for our day. The promises he gave to the prophets of old are promises for each of us. We don't have to worry; we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And with Him on our side, we will win the fight. 

 In this last dispensation, on the last day, and in the last second of the last hour, when "all hell and mighty storm shall beat upon you," He will be there, just like He promised. And in that day, those who believe in Him will see His face and the nail prints in His hands and feet. What a beautiful homecoming. I have a testimony, and am convinced, that everything will be okay when the World tells me it isn't. I'm grateful to have a Heavenly Father and a Savior who care enough for me to provide a way back home and who ensure me with all that they do that I will be okay... :)

Reag... :) 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you know that you inspire me, greatly! You have such a sweet, sweet spirit Reag. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing Reagan!

    ReplyDelete